As expected, Microsoft released a new free major update for Windows 10, last week. This new version 2004 of Windows 10, will be gradually released to laptops and computers over the next few weeks. You do not need to do anything, it will come in your updates.
The upgrade comes with changes and new features:
- Video playback performance improvement
- Improvement to reset Windows 10
- A better search feature, indexing files when you’re not using your device
- New Cortana experience
- Enhancements to settings and virtual desktops
- Better device pairing with Swift Pair improvements
- New additions in Task Manager, like the type of disk and GPU temperatures (when supported)
How can I get it?
As explained, you do not require to take any action. It will be available on your device by itself in the next couple of weeks. Once available, you will see a notification on the bottom right of your screen, in your notification area.
However, if you want to get it earlier, you can go to your Windows Update settings and manually verify for any update.
If nothing appears, you can go to the Microsoft website and download the Update assistant.
It is good to have a system that keeps being improved for no extra cost. This version 2004 of Windows 10 will be supported for the next 18 months (November 2021).
If you are still running a Windows 10 version older than 2 years, it is time to do this update.
If you encounter any difficulties during or after the update, contact us with the button below. Whether you are located in Sheffield, or not we may be able to help you remotely.